The Michigan Craft Distillers Association (MCDA) elected its 2023 Board of Directors at the association’s annual meeting on Friday, January 20 in Grand Rapids.
- President: Jon O’Connor — Co-Owner of Long Road Distillers, Grand Rapids
- Vice President: JP Jerome — Founder / Distiller of Detroit City Distillery, Detroit
- Treasurer: Nancie Oxley — Vice President-Winemaking at Julian Winery & Distillery, Paw Paw
- Secretary: Richard Anderson — Co-Owner at Iron Fish Distillery, Thompsonville
- Director: Adam Dickerson — Brand Manager at New Holland Brewing & New Holland Artisan Spirits in Holland and Grand Rapids
Dickerson was appointed to his first term, while O’Connor and Jerome were re-elected. Anderson and Oxley are continuing their second terms on the board.
The Michigan Craft Distillers Association was formed in October 2014 as a non-profit organization charged with marketing the individual member businesses, their products and events, but also help bring a voice for the industry when it comes to legislative issues that affect the overall beverage industry.
MCDA currently represents 40 member craft distilleries with nearly 60 unique tasting room locations around the state, as well as a handful of distillery in-planning members and nearly 30 allied members providing goods and services. Michigan’s craft distilling industry is growing at a rapid pace – ranking #7 in the nation in terms of overall number of distilleries according to annual data compiled by the American Craft Spirits Association.